An update on our last news post we reached £3,000,000+ in gained entitlements for clients last financial year (April-March).
In this financial year we have assisted our clients to achieve an entitlement of £2,808,604.87 with a month to go. Also we have
- consulted on Ipswich Borough Council developments
- assisted Suffolk Police with mate crimes
- opened an internet café and in conjunction with Radius Computing Limited achieved British Computer Society accreditation
- assisted clients to get bus passes, blue badges and with numerous general enquiries; helping to improve their health and wellbeing and reduce isolation
- dyslexia screening
- assisted with Education Health and Care Forms, HC1 forms and many others in respect of fuel poverty, residency for benefits forms
- equipment enquiries and wheelchair hire
- signposting for legal support (hate crime etc.) health and care assessments and occupational care assessments
- applied for food parcels and fuel vouchers
- provided representation at 170 tribunals
- participated in UK Parliament Week by holding an employment forum attended by Sandy Martin MP
- continued our 6 year partnership with UK Power Networks
- became members of the Tower House shared space user group
- continued to run our outreaches and provide home visits for those who cannot attend our office and obtained funding for a further outreach in North West Ipswich
Our new Outreach in Hadleigh opened last Friday:
Ipswich DAB serves an area that as well as the Borough of Ipswich, covers Kesgrave and south Suffolk from Shotley westwards to Hadleigh. NEW OUTREACH SERVICE STARTING ON 28TH MARCH 2013, THE SESSIONS WILL BE HELD EVERY THURSDAY 10am to 4pm AT BRANTHAM LEISURE CENTRE, NEW VILLAGE, BRANTHAM, CO11 1RZ. TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT PHONE IPSWICH DAB ON 01473 217313, this will make it easier, and less costly, for clients in south Suffolk to access our services.
The outreach has been made possible by a grant from the Facilitation Fund managed by the Cabinet Office for Disability Issues as well as support from the Lord Belstead Charitable Trust, the Scarfe Fund and Somersham and East Bergholt Parish Councils. We currently have funding for just over a year and continued funding beyond that period will depend on level of usage.